Saturday, December 29, 2012

On the road again

As if this month - and even the past two days - hasn't been busy enough, I decided that we needed to go to my Dad's family Christmas in Florida. Mary and I don't go anymore since we got married because it overlaps with our in-laws Christmases. I did go a couple years ago when I was pregnant with Gaines. My Grandmother had been sick so I flew down for a couple of days. I had thought about going last year, but I didn't have anyone to ride with me and Gaines - plus he had major ear infections so it was good we stayed at home. This year I talked my sister into making the trip with me. So four kids, three DVD plyers, two adults and a mini-van later....we were off to Florida!
 
All of the kids really impressed me on how well they travelled. We made it in 8 hours both ways which means no extra stops. They were real troopers.



  
Gaines met his great-Grandmother for the first time!
 
Eight kids all together, inside, in tight courters = much needed outside play time. So we bundled them all up and headed to the back yard to run off some steam. And that they did.  
 
 
 
 
 
Gaines and Emily actually sharing Mammaw! 


No comments:

Post a Comment