Saturday, May 18, 2013

Normal life in May

All my posts lately have been about special events and occasions. I want to take a few minutes and share some of our special random moments. 

A bubble leaf blower....what an awesome invention!

 Gaines discovered our flowers and the need to smell the flowers :)

Gaines helping Mom and Dad weed and mulch the flower beds!

 Gaines loving his new table!

Cool Dude

I stole this from a friend's blog...but this was FUN moment!
Gaines is scared of these bouncy houses but decided that if 
Sidney went he needed to. He cried when we left. 
It was fun for me too, but notice the hand brace.....it was FAST!

I don't know if you have ever seen a bottom this cute!!!
(Please excuse the mess to the right. I was in the midst of cleaning.
Gaines had gotten on to me earlier in the week because 
he stepped on some crumbs bare foot. He was not happy!)

He has been talking about the potty more and more lately. He started back in the winter. I just figured he had seen older kids at day care. He would ask but then didn't like the way I put him on the potty. And he was scared to sit on the big one. My mom keeps telling me he is ready if he is talking about it. Well, I am not ready. There. I said it. I am scared it will be hard. And I don't want my baby to grow up. A couple of times lately we have changed a wet diaper and then he cries when he wets it a few minutes later and asks for another one. About half the time (that may be optomistic) he is good about asking for a diaper or telling me he is wet or dirty. I decided Memorial Day was a long weekend and maybe that should be trial time. I am prepared. I bought a little potty (which he is very proud of and carried to the bathroom the second it came out of the box) and some underwear. I was worried because the only underwear I could find was 2T/3T. I thought they would be big (most shorts are 18-24 months). You can see in the photo above this little bottom has NO problem filling out those underwear. (I keep wanting to say panties - its easier - but I have to remind myself he is a boy and boys don't wear panties!!) I have known all along he inherited his Dad's be-hind. And if you have held him before, you have felt the thickness through and through. He was SOOO proud of those Woody 'pants'. I can't imagine what he would do with Thomas ones. We just tried this one night before bedtime. He was calling and calling my name. I was busy and waited a few minutes to find him. He was sitting on the potty (with clothes) on. So I thought we would try. He is soooo picky about having dirty and/or wet clothes, I thought peeing in these would bother him. It didn't. In about 10 minutes, he had wet them. And ignored me constantly when I asked him about needing to go. But we got adorable pictures nonetheless.

Look at that gut!

Oh I love this guy!

Playing hard hard hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment