For the two of you that actually read this thing I call a blog, you might remember a post last month about a - let's call it 'random' - vacation that didn't go exactly as planned. I mentioned that we would definitely make up for it. Well, we did it. Last night I had to get out of bed and purchase plane tickets...Happy Birthday to Me!
This might be my dream come true. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to go snow skiing. I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. THE. SNOW. So, I love snow. And I cannot think of a better vacation than trekking up some mountains in the cold with snow covering the landscape. How beautiful! I am not anticipating being the best skier or going down the blackest of slopes by any means. I really don't care if I fall all day everyday. I am going to play in some snow! I don't know what to expect, but I am so excited about the opportunity.
This was not the easiest decision. We have 'talked' about this trip for years - even before these little ones came along. But nothing ever came to fruition. We are making it happen this time! I had a lot of anxiety (about leaving Gaines) before I even committed this time. I am finally through with this craziness of a summer where I felt like I was leaving Gaines constantly. I wasn't ready to commit to leave him again. I feel like I am gone so much for work that I shouldn't leave him any other time. I felt like I have left him so much since he was born....compared to others. That's my problem. I have lots of them but that's one. I have read several things lately about God's grace in mothering. It is starting to free me. I cannot do every thing perfectly. I fail Gaines, but God covers that a hundred times more. I know Gaines will have fun while we are gone. And this is a once in a lifetime trip for Scott and me. Especially if another child is in the future, family or adult ski trips will be very limited - if even in existence!
Here we come....Utah!!
Our plans are to stay in Historic Park City (Downtown)
We don't have reservations yet though! Just plane tickets :)
That will be in walking distance to Main Street Restaurants and Shopping.
The Main Street Trolley and Ski Shuttles run Downtown and to near by resorts.
We will take a shuttle over to Deer Valley Resort for skiing!
Could this be me??....HA!
While it can rain and lightning all day, every day that you are at the beach, what could ruin this...more snow...no snow. Really, let's not think about it. I will sit by a fire all day if I have to. Again, Happy Birthday to Me!! If you haven't caught on, our trip will be over my birthday week :)







How fun! So excited for you guys to get away!
ReplyDeleteYou will love Park City. I've only been skiing twice and it was my favorite place by far. I'm jealous!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! You guys will have fun!! :D
ReplyDelete