Unfortunately, Instagram is more of a blog for the Crockett family than this page. I love posting a quick picture to capture the moment. I am not as proactive at documenting all those sweet and funny moments after the fact. I did buy myself a book called "My Quotable Kid". Some wouldn't waste their money on it because you can write those funny things down anywhere right? Well, that's what I have been thinking...but I don't. Any by the time I blog, the cutest phrase I thought I would never forget is gone from my mind forever! So I am excited about a quick place to jot these things down. Things like when we were in Petco (or Petsmart whatever those places are called - I hate pets so I wouldn't know), Gaines asked to see the dinosaurs once we had made it threw all the non-interesting animals. Anyway, I'll end today with a few of my favorite Instagram moments...But first, a little about our Sunday afternoon.
Gaines likes you to play with him or watch him play. Lately, its hide and seek or 'tickle me mama or let's growl (that has a been a great pass-time since he was baby) or mama has to sing the terrible "I got my pencil case. I got my pencil case. I got my p-p-p-p-pencil case. Draw Draw Draw!" Bubble Guppie song as we run around the house. Very rarely does he venture out alone to a room to play or outside while I am busy. I have always thought he plays really good, but he likes interaction with you. Some may call that spoiled. I call that my favorite times and some of the best moments of being a mom. Since he was little, I wanted to be on the floor playing with him (in his face which he probably didn't enjoy) or transitioning him from different activities or teaching him new things. It still doesn't bother me now. But lately when we have been hanging out with other children and families, I want Gaines to have that interaction as well. He plays good with Jack and his cousins, but others he doesn't see as often he is usually more reserved. And who knows what he is like at school or daycare - he probably contradicts my every word. Anyway! Long explanation just for Sunday afternoon play time and a few pictures....I had to finish up some yard work so I brought all of Gaines' toys to the front yard, got out the water hose, and let him loose. I worked for about an hour and this boy kept busy. Even his OCD self survived when his clothes were drenched because he got in the swimming pool. (I knew his Daddy wouldn't approve of naked swim time in the front yard!)
I thought he should wash his car.
(Check out the new slide our neighbors gave us! Gaines loves it!)
When you have washed all your cars and riding toys and the yard is drenched, its time to fill up the pool!
And when your mom lets you play in dirty pool water with dirt, a little mulch, grass cuttings and maybe some old bird poop....its time for a bath at 1p.m. on Sunday. We built 'houses' for our letters and our animals to sit in. He thought it was the best thing. I like encouraging his imagination!
Now some Instagram fun on our outings this month!
Our trip to Office Depot with Daddy! He loved racing down the aisles, talking on all the phones and picking out my iPhone cover. Then I took him for a surprise visit to Petco. Thankfully, he was not amused by the hamsters or other little nasty rodents. He takes after his mama and enjoys the fish - that require very little care :)
He thinks he should help Daddy cut the grass every time. I think he was little upset that Daddy was almost done by the time we got back from Walmart. He might be a little obsessed with gloves lately too!
Gaines was ready for a nap at about 10.15 Saturday morning. So like any good mother would do....I took him to get his personal coke at Sonic so I could enjoy his 3-to-4-consecutive-hour naptime later than afternoon!
I was also impressed that Gaines wanted to play in the sandbox Saturday night. Since the beach - and all that sand - he has been a little anti-sand box. But he asked last night. And I wasn't going to tell him no even if it was 8.30 at night! He had a good time burying his feet and playing with his trucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment