Thursday, October 24, 2013

Cedar Hill Farms - 2k Field Trip


Gaines had his first school field trip this week! The school goes to Cedar Hill Farms every fall. We had a good time. Even though Gaines was super shy for some reason, it was fun to see all of his classmates and see them interact. Since I haven't been able to drop Gaines off at school, I really haven't seen all the kids together since Meet the Teacher. You could tell some of them have real friendships and jump around and play together. Others, like Gaines, have certain ones they like to talk about. It just good to see the faces of the names he mentions. 

The morning was super cold - in the 40s. Gaines didn't mind wearing his hat, coat or gloves and bet that I had them all :) We started out with the animals. Gaines loved feeding the goats. He just laughed and squealed when they would eat out of his cup. He had favorites though. Gaines would not fee the goat with the hairy beard! And he wasn't much interested in the cows, chickens, or turkeys. 




All the kids were excited about the train ride. Gaines goes up to the train afterwards, looks at it real hard and says "Thomas?". 



Then came the test of all time...the pony ride. I really thought Gaines would freak out. He is wary about certain moving objects :) But he let the helper put him on the pony, he held on tight, and never whimpered a bit! I was super proud, and he seemed to really enjoy it. 


Next, we made our way to the pumpkin patch.I thought he would like this more than he did. Last year he had such an obsession with pumpkins and moving them all around. Literally, he would rearrange our pumpkins on the porches multiple, multiple times every night. 





Gaines found a broken pumpkin and tried to fix it :)


 This was probably his favorite pumpkin :)

This defeats the purpose because he was bent over in every picture, but he is pretty cute.

My boy is pretty smart. Scott and I have raised him well. As Gaines is leaving the pumpkin patch, he sees the Christmas tree farm. He gets so excited points and says Santa Claus! And another Crockett is ready for the season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment