October has been just as busy as September felt! Scott and I have both been traveling during the week and on the weekend. I feel so bad for Gaines because he hardly gets time with the both of us. Sadly, MSU has had lots of night games lately so Gaines and I have not been participating. Although, I really thought we would try to make the homecoming game this past weekend. But the week's events proved a no show.
Last weekend, Gaines finally got his pumpkins that he has been talking about for weeks!
Nothing like sporting some new clothes with a week of cooler weather!
We started the week with Supper Club which was very successful for us! Gaines played so good which is always iffy on a weeknight and traveling to different houses. But that night...that night was special because the host was our neighbor Ashley and Courtney. Gaines is slightly obsessed with Ashley and his entire family. I promise we don't stalk them although they may feel like we do sometimes. Gaines always wants to say 'hey' and wants to know if they are home or where they are or what they are doing. So needless to say, when we told him where we were going he was pretty pumped. He packed a bag. Yes. Now, we always take toy bag with us for Supper Club. I didn't even have to do it this time. Gaines took the initiative, got his backpack out and packed it to the brim. Ready to go! Supper was delicious, and we always love a good visit since we really only see these friends once a month :( Plus, we met some of our newest and littlest members - the Alford twins!! So glad they made their debut! And since Gaines was content, we stayed a little long which resulted in a late bed time.
Tuesday, the Firetruck visited Preschool so we had to sport our new shirt :) The teachers informed us that Gaines cried when the fireman put on his suit. We have got to get over these fears. He hates any kind of mask or hat that covers your face. Not really looking forward to Halloween this year!
Bedtime now consists of everyone reading their own book which Gaines distributes of course.
He has been cutting another molar. So between last week's events, late bed times, and crazy schedules, the week was a little rough. By Friday night, he was done! He fell asleep between the babysitter's house and the 740 exit.
We stayed home for some fun play time...
We got dressed eventually...
Gaines is still obsessed with building houses!
His Daddy would so not approve!
He put the bubble wand in his mouth so I told him to spit it out - which required licking the ground for some reason.
We got dressed eventually...
Cheering on the Dawgs...Cowboy style.
Play time ended with work on my end. I am trying to finish up some projects so I worked most of the night. I didn't feel all that great but pushed through. Sunday, I figured out why. I had the stomach virus. It was awful! By Monday, I was feeling better...only to take Gaines to the doctor and find out he has strep throat! Poor baby. I think and hope we caught it really early.
Scott took care of him Monday morning while I was recuperating and said he seemed off. I have been super paranoid since his tube fell out of his ear several weeks ago. So I thought we would head to the doctor and try to take care of several issues I have been worried about. When we picked him up, he felt a little warm. I could tell he didn't feel good. Then, he got a second wind when we stopped by my office. Once we arrived at the doctor's office, Gaines promptly told me he was ready to go and that no one was looking in his ears.
Well, they did and ears are fine with and without tubes. But one quick glance at his throat and 5 minutes later we had strep. I chose the antibiotic shot instead of a 10 day round. I still feel a little bad choosing pain over meds, but I think this worked much better and quicker. By the time we headed home, poor baby had the shakes and high fever and moaned the whole way. He was gagging on his saliva. I told him he could spit it out, and I think that became a fun game. We finally got some Tylenol in his system and within the hour, he was more like himself. We couldn't help but laugh at him. His leg was so sore from the shot that he was limping all night. He even fell down a couple of times. It's really not funny. Sorry. Today he was on the mend and had a blast with his favorite babysitter!
Looking forward to a new week ahead with lots of traveling and another full schedule :)
Well, they did and ears are fine with and without tubes. But one quick glance at his throat and 5 minutes later we had strep. I chose the antibiotic shot instead of a 10 day round. I still feel a little bad choosing pain over meds, but I think this worked much better and quicker. By the time we headed home, poor baby had the shakes and high fever and moaned the whole way. He was gagging on his saliva. I told him he could spit it out, and I think that became a fun game. We finally got some Tylenol in his system and within the hour, he was more like himself. We couldn't help but laugh at him. His leg was so sore from the shot that he was limping all night. He even fell down a couple of times. It's really not funny. Sorry. Today he was on the mend and had a blast with his favorite babysitter!
Looking forward to a new week ahead with lots of traveling and another full schedule :)
No comments:
Post a Comment