This month has been full of action, activities, and lots of "firsts". I think we left off the last post with the stomach virus and strep throat. Gaines and I are on the mend - even after long days and weeks without Daddy. Scott has been traveling the past two weeks for work. Gaines and I have been slightly struggling! With his traveling, our sickness, my need for a full schedule, a new job (post to come eventually), our extracurricular activities, and Gaines' recent "terrible two" mode, it felt more like major struggles and probably meltdown or two thrown in the mix. That meltdown could be "terrible twos" or "terrible thirty-twos". I will let your mind wander on who actually had the meltdowns.
Let's pick up from our HIGHS and low post and talk about cow patties. Magnolia Heights does a fundraiser called Cow Patty Bingo. The baseball field is painted into bingo squares, a cow is let loose, and you wait for a patty. The winner holds the square with the patty. While we don't care much about Bingo and we never win, there is a cow involved and that deserves a visit. I really don't know if people attend this event. We showed up after the patty had formed and got a special viewing. Gaines enjoyed seeing the cow but enjoyed jumping through the squares more.
Daddy was home for a day, and I talked him into to going shopping with us for new shoes for Gaines and new work clothes for me. Seriously, I don't know why I push the schedule to the max when there is no real need. Saturday was a crazy bust of a day leading to Sunday. Sunday, Gaines and I took Scott to the airport for another work trip. I knew that Gaines couldn't go back through the gate to see planes up close, but I still thought he would enjoy the trip and we could go above the ticket counter to see planes. I was right. He loved the trip. Planes, ehh. Wide open spaces to run and yell, score!
Gaines actually discovered escalators at the mall on Saturday when we rode up and down all three floors of Macy's. He was so pumped when he found one in the airport too!
Gaines mocking me with his smile
Careful Gaines :)
Magnolia Heights also has an annual Harvest Festival (I think that is the official name). We took him two years ago when he couldn't do anything. Last year, Scott and I were both working, and Gaines was sick. So this year we needed to try again. Outside they have lots of inflatables - which Gaines "thinks" he wants to do but is really scared of. Inside is full of small games that kids of any age can do. Of course, I donated the money to the school that was required for the inflatables. He really enjoyed the smaller bounce house until the big kids jump in. He gets so scared! One sweet girl offered to take him up the slide once. The one he kept wanting to do was a bounce maze where you climb through tunnels and over walls to a huge slide. He had a blast inside with the games and PRIZES. Prize or present and you have Gaines' attention immediately. He was so pleased with all of his prizes.
We even saw JACK!!!
I am pretty sure Jack is wondering why Gaines is so weird :)
Ugh, slow down Meg!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment