Sunday, May 4, 2014

John Deere and Friends

I did pretty good learning from past mistakes this year. I was firm in my decision to do separate parties (if you could even call it that) for Gaines' birthday this year. I just wanted him to enjoy it, and I wanted to enjoy it too. So that meant smaller crowds for the both of us. We were so busy this spring with everything under the sun and planning the Five Star City Fest that I didn't have time to plan anything. I checked with a few of Gaines' closest friends and asked if they were available for lunch. They were. So it was set. 

Five days before I started getting the 'party' itch. I wanted to decorate something and plan something. I had ordered his cake the week before and just requested green tractors. She didn't really do tractors, but she said she did farm themes. Perfect for me. So it was then I decided it should be John Deere farm party. I ordered some John Deere stuff offline and had to do rush shipping and came up with some last minute decorations Friday night. I didn't even tell Gaines about the party because he has literally been asking about this party for weeks and months and cries because its not right now. Friday night I told him were going shopping for his party. Is there anything he thought we needed? "...Umm...Just presents" says the almost three year old.

I have forgotten to mention that we decided to give Gaines a swing set for this birthday and of course it had to be assembled before the party. So Scott and I worked every night that week for hours and hours drilling and screwing. We were able to keep it a surprise...and boy was he excited. He was bummed the weekend before when Scott took his old one down. I had to get the one with a 'fort'. I knew he would be in heaven with the playhouse. And he is. 

I actually sat on the couch the night before the party. Wow. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't stressed. And I didn't have anything to do. So I made him an outfit to wear :)


Swing Set Reveal...he was hopping!


We open the door a lot!!



I wouldn't dare post a pic of the hubs without a shower, but hey it was birthday-day and I don't care! I take what I can get with pictures of the two of us :)

Party time....Gaines was all about 'decorating'

We had tractor tires and hay bales :) They weren't eaten, but they were cute!


We 'had' to drive that tractor and put the pig in the muddy puddle!

He decorated the table with stickers. He was not in the mood for smiling! But this kept him busy for an hour while I got all the food ready :)
But we have the "3" down pat! (Finally - since we skipped '2' completely)

Our friends came!!! The weather was perfect!

How many boys can you fit in a miniature sandbox?

 Cake time!!!

I love him!


We love you Jack, but don't blow out our candles! We had a melt down :)

Round two. Get set, GO!

And of course he requested the muddy puddle!!!


Presents!!!!



Telling Daddy how to build it





Silly boys waiting on the water hose :)

And it wouldn't be complete without a muddy puddle of our own!

Well...they are boys

Balloons!!!!



So fun!!! Popsicle time!!

Thank you Ms. Jill!!!!
  
Patiently waiting for the water hose :)

Happy Birthday Gaines!!!! We love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment