Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The BIG T-H-R-E-E!!

The festival we have been planning is actually on his birthday which bummed me out for a long time. But I planned to take off work and spend the day with him which made me feel a little better. I have been wanting to go to the Memphis Botanical Gardens to their "My Big Backyard". It supposed to be pretty fun. The weather wasn't cooperating. It rained the night before and was just kinda of dreary. For fear of it being muddy, we went to the Children's Museum instead. He had a blast! 

I decided not to rush out that morning. Then, I feared all the school field trips at the Museum!!! But we went with it. Scott actually left for work early that day so he didn't see Gaines. We opened a present over Facetime :) Gaines requested bacon and ate it before I could preheat the biscuits. 

Here is evidence that Daddy was there :)

He got 2 Thomas puzzles. He put them together immediately! He is too smart :)




And we were off...I was so pumped the parking lot was empty when we arrived! We had a good 1.5hours before all the schools showed up. Gaines had a ball. He loves the Mississippi River! They were doing construction and you know Gaines and noises...we couldn't stay in the lego room because of the drill going. 





This was pretty cool. You put stuff in this vacuum and it goes through a maze and then shoots back out the top. Fun!


He mastered a perfect flip!



He almost got into fight with another little boy. Gaines thought the white ones should stay on the white squares. Then other boy preferred opposites. He was a older punk. I rooted for Gaines. 



We left Memphis with Chick-fil-A and headed south. We stopped at the Train park when we got to town. He had a great time playing here too! I finally reeled him in and headed home for a nap. I cannot believe he is three. Three is very different from two. Three feels like a kid, not a baby. 




Nothing like a Chick-fil-a cookie!!


Happy Birthday Gaines!!!

1 comment: